NFL Burning Question Volume One

NFL Burning Question Volume One
Nick Gaschler


Today I open up a brand new series. I will publish this every Friday. Here are a few burning questions
I’ve come up with as well as others I’ve asked what questions they have. If you have any burning,
unanswered questions about the NFL feel free to leave a comment down below.


Q: Is Jameis Winston A Franchise Quarterback?


A: It’s tough to figure out. After a great rookie and sophomore campaign that held promise for Tampa
Bay, he sort of fell off and was even benched in favor of Ryan Fitzpatrick. My answer is that if he isn’t
right now, it’s Tampa’s job to make him a franchise guy. Dirk Koetter and he clearly don’t have the best
relationship so get rid of the coach. A player like Winston can’t be replaced as easily as a coach like Dirk
Koetter. Winston does have the ability to be a great player but will need to bounce back this season or
risk being a bust.


Q: How much time does Andy Reid have left in KC?


A: Possibly before the start of the 2019 season. Sure they basically have a rookie QB in Pat Magic, but
Reid has so much talent on his roster and there aren’t many reasons why Reid and the Chiefs finish
below 9-7. However, if Andy Reid finishes 8-8 or below I’d fire him. Also if they finish with double-digit
wins and lose once again in the first round, Reid is out. Consider him on the hot seat.



Q: Does Martinas Rankin have the ability to be a franchise left tackle? (Jonathon Lovil)


A: With time yes. It’s unfortunate to see how bad the Texans O-Line is because that means he has less
time to develop before he is thrust into the fire, but I think if he can develop and learn more about the
NFL line maybe at guard or even right tackle he could turn into something special. Thanks, Jonathon!


Q: Which 2nd-7th round picks can be perennial pro bowlers? (Tef Hefner)


A: I really like this question because a lot of quality players fell. My shortlist includes Will Hernandez,
Christian Kirk, Connor Williams, Isaiah Oliver, Derrius Guice, Mason Rudolph, Ronnie Harrison, Maurice
Hurst Jr, Tyrell Crosby, DeShon Elliott. I considered most if not all of them as first or early second
rounders and the fact that Elliott was drafted in the 6th round was crazy. But I feel Rudolph is the most
likely because he will learn and develop behind Big Ben and will likely be his successor. Thanks, Tef!


Q: Who wins the AFC East after Brady and the Pats are going?


A: Contrary to popular belief I’m taking the Jets. “But Nick the Bills just made the Playoffs” Josh Allen is
going to take a lot longer than Darnold to develop and even with a supporting cast in Buffalo, the Jets
can add a lot more key pieces quicker to compete quicker through the Draft. They already have key
defensive players and by the time the Patriots fall apart, the Jets will be there. Forget about the Dolphins
if Tannehill sucks, they won’t be competitive for a while which leaves New York.


Q: What will Richard Sherman’s impact be on the 49ers locker room and can he prove himself as a great defender without Kam and ET3?(Orion Ridgway)


A: Good question. I like to think that Sherman is an anchor defensive player. I feel he has a really good
opportunity to lead the 49ers defense and mentor a lot of young player through his play and motivation
through the locker room. He knows how to create unity from his Legion of Boom days and I feel he
could do the same thing for the 9ers. I feel he can prove himself as a force even without Earl Thomas
and Kam Chancellor. Thanks for the question, Orion!




Q: How many rings would Aaron Rodgers have if he was a New England Patriot?(Jake Bingham)


A: This is an intriguing debate. If we go by what has happened in A-Rod’s career we’ll rule out Super
Bowl LII due to injury and all of Brady’s past championships before A-Rod was drafted. For now, I still
think the Pats lose to the Giants in 2007 because of Rodgers youth, but let’s fast forward to 2010. I think
they beat the Jets and Steelers to go play the NFC team(which probably isn’t Green Bay so we’ll call it
Chicago). I think the Pats win and Rodgers gets his first championship. I think they repeat in 2011-12
and then I say they beat Seattle in 2014-15 and Atlanta in 2016-17 so Rodgers ends up with 4 rings at
this point and maybe more to come. Thanks for the question, Jake!


Q: Which team with a new head coach will most regret firing their old head coach?(Chris Robbins)


A: Tough question, and I know it’s a little bit cheating because Bruce Arians retired, but I’m taking Steve
Wilks. He’s a one-year defensive coordinator with the Panthers not unlike what Vance Joseph was last
season and I don’t feel Wilks will be what Arizona needs based on what they’ve had with Arians and
trying to rebuild their offense around a young QB like Rosen. If we’re going fired coaches I’m gonna go
with the Titans and Mike Vrabel just based on other hires being more prominent than his. Thanks a lot,
Chris!!


Q: How will Jimmy G and the 49ers do this year(Arnav Sharma)


A: TRIGGER ALERT!!! I don’t think the 49ers are going to do what a lot of people think they will this
year. The NFC is competitive and as much as I like what Shanahan and 9ers have going, defensive
coordinators are going to figure Jimmy G out just like they did with Deshaun Watson and Sam Darnold
in college, just like they did with Dak Prescott in 2017, and many many more. I also think the pressure
will be too much and he will regress a bit. So I don’t think he will live up to expectations in 2018. Thanks,
Arnav!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2017 NFL Mock Draft(4/26)

What is Deshaun Watson's True Potential?

Post Draft Grades for Each Day Two Pick